The Madison Youth Performing Arts Foundation, Inc. (formerly known as Madison Drum and Bugle Corps Foundation, Inc. and, previous to that, The Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps Foundation, Inc.) was formed and the objectives to be carried on by it as of the effective date of these Articles are as follows:
- This Foundation shall operate within the meaning of Section 501(c) (3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code and applicable regulations as may be in force or hereinafter amended.
- This Foundation is formed to administer a program that through the raising of funds shall provide grants to qualified organizations that are exempt from taxation under 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code for the development and advancement of youth and the performing arts in the Greater Madison Wisconsin area, with an emphasis on, but not limited to, the Madison Drum and Bugle Corps Association, Inc.
- Through the public promotion of its philanthropic efforts, the Foundation aims to foster greater local, national and international awareness of its work.
In simple words, we wanted to expand the sphere of influence the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps has on our community, and to get back to our roots of providing for the development and advancement of youth and the performing arts in the Greater Madison WI area. That is the purpose of the Madison Youth Performing Arts Foundation. We are here to provide performance and fundraising opportunities for youth and performing arts groups in the greater Madison, Wisconsin area (and now also Richland Center, Wisconsin and Rockton, Illinois).
The first event under the ‘NEW’ foundation was a Hawaiian Vacation raffle that ended on March 8, 2005. The MYPAF provided grants to eight different organizations through this project. The final tally on the proceeds was about $15,000. We were able to all of this with overhead costs of less than $1,300 since most of our prizes and administrative needs were donated. This money benefited groups such as:
- The Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps
- Kehl School of Dance Dance Teams
- Southwest Eagles Youth Hockey
- Wisconsin Very Special Arts
- Madison Drum and Bugle Corps Association
- Capital Sound Drum and Bugle Corps
- Verona Girls Youth Softball
Our mission has been expanded to include the communities of Richland Center, WI and Rockton, IL, still for the development and advancement of youth and the performing arts.